When starting out as a web specialist I subscribed to the under-promise/over-deliver philosophy. But over the years, my level of confidence has grown enough in my own expertise, to be quite bold about what I expect to happen when we agree to work together – and that’s pretty much an instant and measureable improvement across your website KPIs.
Sure, the larger digital transformation projects I undertake, result in the biggest change but even relatively small tweaks can make a big impact.
Because I love a good chart, have a look at this comparison above which tracks the performance of a Shopify site’s email sign-ups where the client had set up an opt-in to increase newsletter sign-ups versus the results we saw after implementing our tried and tested opt-in processes.
Here’s what we did:
- changed to an alternative app (still free but with options to extend features as the business grows) that allowed us to:
- add an engaging image to the opt-in pop-up
- customise the fonts and colours
- create a mobile specific version
- add a strong call to action (small discount off their first order)
- sync to the Mailchimp CRM with identifiable tag (so we can use these for later marketing)
- create professional template in Mailchimp for use across newsletters and email sends
- create a brand focused, non-salesy automated welcome email in Mailchimp to be sent 24 hours after they receive the code email (when sending more than one email, adding a small time delay will result in better engagement in the subsequent emails and your customer is less likely to feel bombarded by you)
- test the sequence across multiple device types and browsers and then let it loose.
Our client now has over three times the number of sign-ups she was getting, from the SAME level of traffic – and an all-important measurable increase in revenue – oh yeah!!!
Need your own email makeover? Give me a buzz.